Regular updates of news from Nimmo-Bell including examples of recently completed work and items of interest to the Primary Industries sector.
Case study prepared for the OECD (The Performance of the Sustainable Farming Fund in New Zealand) featured in OECD (2015), Fostering Green Growth in Agriculture: The Role of Training, Advisory Services and Extension Initiatives, OECD Green Growth Studies, OECD Publishing, Paris (May 2015)
Click here for report
Primary Growth Partnership (PGP) programme review: Seed and nutritional technology development (May 2015)
Click here for report.
People Powered: Building capabilities to keep New Zealand's primary industries internationally competitive (May 2014)
Minister of Primary Industries media release and click here for report.
Identifying and evaluating alternative investments for the Hawke's Bay region (April 2014)
HBRC press release and click here for report.
Potential cost benefit and economic impact of the Horizons Region's One Plan (November 2013)
HRC press release
Publicly available reports
Nimmo-Bell completes a range of reports for clients both public and private sector. Many of these become publicly available documents. Below is a selection of work completed by the company. If you would like to receive more information about a particular report or a job, please contact us.
Publications, Reports and Presentations in New Zealand Agribusiness and Food
Bridging the Gap- between environmental knowledge and research, and desired outcomes to achieve sustainable land management. Summary presentation of a report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for MAF Policy.
Click here to download PDF (5.0MB)
- A sustainable environmental land management system for Lake Taupo . A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Taupo Lake Care, December 2004.
- R&D portfolio valuation - an evaluation of 20 projects. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Dairy InSight, October 2004.
- Economic analysis for the protection of lakes in an area of contested values and property rights. An invited paper prepared for the AARES 'Frontiers in Resource Management' Symposium, Hilton Hotel, Auckland, 7 October 2004.
- Provision of an external qualitative overview of Landcorp's conversion business plan. A series of quarterly reports prepared by Nimmo-Bell for the Landcorp Board, January 2002 to September 2004.
- Organic Sector Board - Business Case. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for the Organic Sector Establishment Board, September 2004
- Economic aspects of Rotorua Lakes water quality . An invited paper prepared for the Rotorua Lakes Symposium 2004, 16-17 September 2004.
- Indigenous Biodiversity Valuation: estimating the impact of biosecurity incursions. A review of international best practice prepared by Nimmo-Bell and the Waikato Management School University of Waikato for MAF Biosecurity, June 2004
- An economic evaluation of water quality induced changes in the Rotorua and Rotoiti catchments - land-use change scenarios. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Environment Bay of Plenty, June 2004.
- An economic evaluation of water quality induced changes in Rotorua and Rotoiti catchments - macro economic implications. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Environment Bay of Plenty, June 2004.
- The Rotorua Lakes - evaluation of less tangible values. A contingent valuation survey and report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Environment Bay of Plenty, June 2004.
- Market tools to facilitate land use change. A paper prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Rotorua District Council, December 2003.
- Research Project Investment Analysis - Mid pregnancy shearing, Poukawa calf rearing, Sheep Council, Tannin containing plants and Wool bulk breeding. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat & Wool Innovation Ltd, June 2003.
- Economic evaluation of the food processing sector: a strategic review prepared by Nimmo-Bell and Informetrics for New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, November 2003.
- Meat NZ Core Activity Qualitative Assessment: Market Access - Quota administration & Trade advocacy; Risk Management; Market development; Research & Development - ex-post and ex-ante analysis; and The Economic Service. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand to justify the farmer levy, June 2003.
- Molesworth - A comparative study of alternative status and management structure. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell and Tourism Resource Consultants for Land Information New Zealand, May 2003.
- Peer Review of Economic risks and opportunities from the release of genetically modified organisms in New Zealand: the clean green image and genetic modification. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Ministry for the Environment, March 2003.
- Assessing the loss to farmers associated with Nitrogen Output Restrictions in the Lake Taupo Catchment. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Taupo Lake Care, October 2002.
- An Economic Model for Efficient Resource Allocation to Surveillance - A Decision Making Framework. A sub-report prepared by Nimmo-Bell in a report prepared by Prime International Consultants for MAF Biosecurity, June 2002.
- Utilisation of the Reserved Quota Allowance of the EU Sheepmeat and Goat Quota Allocation System. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, February 2002.
- Research Project Investment Analysis Incorporating QuRATM - Development of sustainable parasite control practices for New Zealand sheep farms, The profitable integration of goats into pastoral systems, Improved beef management systems and Farmer Initiated Technology Transfer Programme (FITT) . A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, December 2001.
- Cost Benefit Analysis on Facial Eczema Resistance. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, April 2001.
- Trust Funds for improved governance and economic performance in developing countries. A contributed paper delivered to the AARES 45th Annual Conference, 23-25 January 2001, Adelaide, South Australia.
- Strategic Review of Landcorp Farming Ltd. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for the Landcorp Board, November 2000.
- Research Project Investment Analysis Incorporating QuRATM - "Meat Quality: the pH Factor" campaign, Breedplan research and extension for beef cattle, Factors influencing the Pathogenicity of Listeria Monocytogenes in chilled product and A Farmer based approach to sustainable land management. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, September 2000.
- QuRATM- World best practice for evaluating capital investments - a risk simulation approach to evaluating capital investments. A contributed paper delivered to the Annual NZARES Conference, Blenheim, 30 June - 1 July 2000.
- Research Project Investment Analysis Incorporating QuRATM - The Process Hygiene Index (PHI), Development of sheep semen diluents, Breeding for resilience and resistance to nematodes, Pastures containing protected proteins and Gas injection to reduce grain strain during pelt removal. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, October 1999.
- The QuRATM framework for investment analysis and resource allocation. A report and manual prepared by Nimmo-Bell for New Zealand Wool Group, August 1999.
- Exotic Mosquito National Pest Management Strategy Cost Benefit Analysis. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for The Ministry of Health, June 1999.
- Beyond Regulation - Voluntary responses to achieving sustainable land management in New Zealand . A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for MAF Policy Hamilton, June 1999.
- The Impact on developing countries of the Uruguay Round Agreement on Agriculture and the Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures . A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for MAF Policy, March 1999.
- Research Project Cost Benefit Analysis - More efficient lamb production system for Southland, Slow release bolus for facial eczema, Manufacturing meat value added and Energy modelling software for meat processing plants. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, September 1998.
- Angel Bay Expansion into Australia: a Risk Analysis. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, (confidential) August 1998.
- Outlands expansion into California: a Risk Analysis. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Meat New Zealand, (confidential), August 1998.
- Market analysis of the dairy and food, livestock and plants services businesses as input to MAF Quality Management's strategic plan. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for The Treasury and MQM, February 1998.
- Business Case Analysis - Survey and Titles Automation Programme. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for Land Information New Zealand, September 1997.
- Strategy for assessing levels of non-compliance with Fisheries Laws, August 1995. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for the Ministry of Fisheries.
- The benefits to enforcement in Central Region Fisheries, December 1992 . A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for the Ministry of Fisheries.
- Assessment of the net benefits of a marginal change to enforcement in Central Region Fisheries, May 1991. A report prepared by Nimmo-Bell for the Ministry of Fisheries.