As private investment bankers, our networks throughout the agribusiness
sector enable us to quickly source investment opportunities for New Zealand and international clients. On behalf of clients we
undertake the following:
Identification of investment opportunities
- monitor various industry sectors for investment opportunities
- utilise established networks to source information
- regularly review product markets for opportunities
- consider risk profiles and requirements
- consider all investment options associated with an opportunity
- identify key risks and options to mitigate
- undertake strategic analysis to develop options
- present and consider options
- provide strategic plans
- provide full and detailed financial analysis
- undertake market research and analysis
- undertake risk analysis and consider the impact of key risks
- determine the feasibility/likely returns of the opportunity
Development of business structures
- consider investor requirements of business structure
- take account of all legal and tax implications
- consider the governance/management requirements
- establish appropriate constitution and management agreements
Preparation of information memorandum
- present a full and thorough analysis of the opportunity
- provide a clear assessment of risks and the potential to mitigate
- ensure investors are able to make an informed decision
Raising capital from investors
- introduce projects to investors who have signalled an interest
- make known investors aware of opportunities to invest
Management of investment
- undertake an ongoing investment management role where applicable
- ensure suitable management structures and people are in place
- provide regular updates and information to shareholder investors
- facilitate share sales where required
- act on investor requests and requirements
- remain aware of all opportunities to realise value from the investment
- highlight these opportunities to investors
- manage value realisation were required
Our policy on risk in assessing all investments is summarised as follows:
- There is no return without risk: Rewards go to those who take risks.
- Be transparent: Risk will be explicitly stated.
- Seek experience: Risk is measured and managed by people, not mathematical models, and Nimmo-Bell
will always employ experienced people to analyse and manage projects.
- Know what you don’t know: Nimmo-Bell will question all assumptions made so that as far as
practicable it removes unknown factors from decisions, and will always explain assumptions made
that we are not clear about.
- Communicate: Risks will be discussed openly with investors at all times in the project’s life.
- Diversity: Investing in a range of projects with different risks will always produce more consistent rewards.
- Show discipline: A consistent and rigorous approach will beat a constantly changing strategy,
so Nimmo-Bell will stick to its original game plan unless this is held to be untenable.
- Use common sense: It is better to be approximately right, than to be precisely wrong, so Nimmo-Bell
will always blend common sense with documented plans.
- Return is only half the equation: Decisions will be made only by considering the risk and return of the possibilities.